Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yes we can!


Tomorrow I will join many like minded citizens in an effort to elect Barack Obama president by attending the Campaign for Change Leadership Organizational Meeting here in Las Vegas.

I recently saw a video clip of a woman saying, last time I just assumed Kerry would win the race, this time I refuse to sit at home and hope.  This time I will do all I can.
  
My sentiments exactly, we cannot afford as a nation to have "Bush light" in the White House.  I refuse to remain silently inactive and merely keep my fingers crossed for change.  Thank God I am not alone in this endeavor. 

It cracks me up when people try to diminish Obama by casually admitting, "Yeah, he makes a good speech, big deal."  

When we open our mouths, what comes out is who we are.  It is the one thing that reflects our character, courage, sincerity, priorities and vision.  Barack is the real deal.  If any one can help undo the crater in which we are currently buried it is this great American visionary.

1 comment:

what's her bucket said...

Well said Mom! I can't wait to call him Mr. President.