Friday, July 18, 2008

Chocolate Endings



I am currently enrolled in a memoir writing class. Each session we have a different assignment, something to jog our memories of the distant past.

It seems as though the common denominator of all my ramblings revolve around my obsession with some version of chocolate. Something to look at indeed. All my life I have falsely prided myself on being complex. It is appalling to realize that the sum total of my very existence can be explained in one universally simple, common word.....CHOCOLATE! I now know that all has been diminished to my primary addiction....CANDY. All forms of CANDY; expensive, homemade, borrowed or stolen, I froth at the mouth at the very thought of a stale bag of candy corn.


I ponder revisiting therapy. What is to become of me??

No comments: